Bright and creamy, this crostini recipe is a crowd-pleaser and so easy to prepare! Beautifully balanced with the tart goat cheese, the subtle spice of the black pepper, and the sweet flavor from fruit jam, this is a simple appetizer that is sure to impress any guest. Try adding an extra pop of flavor by using different flavors of jam, or different herbs aside from rosemary.
Read about the jam maker, Charles Antona from Corsica, who inspired this recipe here!
Serves 5 | Time 15 minutes
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”extra-virgin-olive-oil-1″ show=”button-only”]
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 baguette
- Salt [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”fleur-de-sel-round-box-125g” show=”button-only”]
- Black pepper
- Fruit jam [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”jasmin-petals-jam” show=”button-only”]
- Rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Whip goat cheese, olive oil, zest, salt, and pepper.
- Cut 10 slices of baguette on the bias – about ½ inch thick – and toast on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes, rotating tray halfway through.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cool, spread a layer of cheese mixture on crostini, spoon a dollop of jam on top, and finish with freshly cracked black pepper and minced rosemary.