Serves: 2 • Time: 15 minutes
Bananas Foster, a dessert originally from New Orleans, is a show-stopping piece whose preparation ends in sky-high flames jumping from the pan. With a few tweaks and the addition of Virgin Coco’s coconut crispy rolls, this bananas foster recipe takes on delicious Thai flavors.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ mango, diced
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Vigin Coco coconut crispy rolls, for garnish
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the banana and mango and cook until they just begin to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
2. Carefully add the rum and ignite it immediately using a long wooden skewer or stick lighter. (We like to work with a friend so that one person adds the rum and the other ignites it.) Turn off the heat and shake the pan until the flames subside.
3. To serve, distribute the ice cream into 2 serving bowls. Add the bananas and mango and garnish with coconut rolls.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-thai-style-bananas-foster”]