Serves: 2 • Time: 15 minutes
This Thai iced tea recipe incorporates the same gummy tapioca pearls that bubble tea is so famous for. Sweetened with Chiwadi’s coconut flower syrup, it makes for a sweet and refreshing drink. Look for tapioca pearls at Asian grocery stores.
- ½ cup bubble tea tapioca pearls (see Note)
- 1 tsp. Chiwadi coconut flower syrup
- Wangderm Thai Iced Tea Kit
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- Boba tea straws
1. Bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add the tapioca pearls and cook until they float to the surface. Reduce the heat and cook until the pearls become soft and gummy, about 5 minutes more.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pearls from the water. Rinse with cold water, transfer to a small bowl, and toss with the coconut flower syrup to coat.
3. Brew the Thai iced tea according to package instructions. While the tea is still hot, mix in the sugar to sweeten, then refrigerate until chilled.
4. Distribute the tapioca pearls, prepared tea, and milk into 2 tall serving glasses and serve with boba straws.
Note: You can find boba tea tapioca pearls and straws at Asian grocery stores or online.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-bubble-tea”]