Makes: 12 cookies • Time: 30 minutes
Quite possibly the most famous of French cookies, madeleines are known for their super-light texture and distinctive shell-like shape. In a delightful twist on the classic, this madeleine cookie recipe incorporates pistachio and cardamom with Charles Antona jam from the France Box.
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Charles Antona clementine jam
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup finely ground pistachios
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. clementine or orange zest
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-mold madeleine pan with butter.
2. In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the eggs, sugar, jam, and salt. Beat on high speed until the mixture is pale yellow and forms a ribbon when the beater is lifted, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pistachios, and cardamom. Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over the egg mixture and beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Beat in the remaining half of the flour.
4. Fold the clementine zest and half of the melted butter into the batter, then fold in the remaining butter. Spoon the batter into the prepared mold and bake until fluffy and springy to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. While still hot, flip the mold onto a cooling rack to release. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-madeleines”]