Serves 4 • Time: 30 minutes
In this Brazilian dessert similar to Italian tiramisu, butter cookies are layered with cream and the indulgent açaí dessert sauce from the Special Edition Holiday Box. While Pavê de Geléia is traditionally made with strawberry jam, we’re partial to this version with açaí that’s even sweeter than the classic.
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Butter cookies
- 4 Tbsp. açaí dessert sauce
- Blueberries and blackberries, for garnish
1. MAKE THE CREAM: In a double-boiler, whisk together the condensed milk, whole milk, yolks, cornstarch, and butter. Continue to whisk the mixture over medium heat until it thickens and forms a custard. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
2. MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM: In a bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. TO ASSEMBLE: Arrange a single layer of cookies on the bottom of 4 wide glasses. Add a layer of cream, whipped cream, and açaí sauce. Add another layer of cookies and whipped cream and garnish with berries. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, then serve.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-pave”]