Serves: 8 • Time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour cooling
Creamy and sweet, there’s nothing quite as comforting as rice pudding. This one is made with the orange blossom water from the Morocco Box, which adds delicious and delicate floral flavor. Be sure to use arborio rice—its higher starch content makes the final dish rich and creamy.
- ¾ cup arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cups sugar
- Delice Dar El Amrani orange blossom water
- Chamita anise cookies, for garnish
- Whole peeled almonds, for garnish
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear, then drain and transfer to a saucepan. Be sure to use arborio rice—its higher starch content makes the final dish rich and creamy.
- Add the butter, a pinch of salt, and 1½ cups water. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the water is nearly absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the whole milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the orange blossom water and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
- To serve, distribute the pudding into 8 serving bowls and garnish with the cookies and almonds.