Serves: 6 to 8 • Time: 1 hour, plus 5 hours chilling
A typical, summer-time cake made with digestive biscuits and a whipped cream and condensed milk mixture, bolo de bolacha is rich and filling, but not too sweet. Plus, this cookie cake recipe is easy to make and calls for just a few ingredients that you may already have in your pantry! Use any type of digestive biscuit, but be sure to avoid soaking them for too long, or else they may become soggy.
- About 2 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- One 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 sleeve (12–14) digestive biscuits
- One 2.8 oz. package Casa Lucena cookies, preferably lemon
1. Chill the heavy cream, coffee, mixing bowl, and hand held or stand mixer attachments in the refrigerator and condensed milk in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Transfer the heavy cream to the chilled mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer and whip until soft peaks form, about 6. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk down the side of the bowl and continue to beat until fully incorporated and soft peaks form once again.
3. Pour the coffee into a wide, shallow bowl and prepare a large serving plate. One at a time, dip the biscuits into the coffee until just barely soaked, about 2 seconds, and arrange onto the serving plate in a flower-like shape composed of 6 biscuits. Spread about ½ cup whipped cream over the top. Repeat with another 6 biscuits, then more whipped cream. For the third layer, use the lemon cookies instead. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies and cream, ending with a whipped cream layer on top.
4. Chill the entire cake in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, or overnight, then slice and serve.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-bolo-de-bolacha”]