Makes: 4 burgers • Time: 30 minutes
In this Moroccan-inspired burger, spicy harissa from the Morocco Box combines with a cool mint-yogurt sauce and creamy goat cheese.
Ingredients For Harissa-Spiced Burgers
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground lamb
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Pikarome harissa
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Goat cheese, for topping
- Mint Yogurt Sauce (recipe below), for topping
- Arugula and spinach, for topping
- 1 tomato, sliced, for topping
Ingredients For Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 6 oz. Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, lamb, breadcrumbs, harissa, parsley, shallot, and garlic. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape each piece into a patty.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over moderate-high heat. Working in batches so as to avoid crowding the skillet, carefully add the patties. For medium-rare, cook 4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side 4 minutes more.
- Distribute the cooked patties onto the bottom half of the toasted buns, then top with goat cheese, Mint-Yogurt Sauce, arugula, and tomatoes.
Directions For Mint Yogurt Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until homogenous. Refrigerate until ready to use.