Serves: 4 as an appetizer • Time: 30 minutes
As springtime inches closer and closer, we’re getting ready for outdoor grilling. These spicy shrimp skewers, featuring the piri piri hot sauce, sea salt, and olive oil from the Portugal Box, come together in as little as 30 minutes. Just be sure to soak the skewers beforehand to avoid having them catch on fire over the grill!
- ½ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp. Hands on Earth sea salt with lemon
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ cup Paladin piri piri hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olivais do Sul extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling and brushing
- ½ lemon
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Heat the grill or grill pan and soak 4 wooden skewers in water.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shrimp, sea salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly. In another bowl, whisk together the piri piri sauce and olive oil. Pour ¼ cup over the shrimp and reserve the remainder for serving. Cover and refrigerate the shrimp for 10–15 minutes.
3. Thread 4 shrimp onto each soaked skewer, then drizzle with additional olive oil.
4. Brush the grill or grill pan with additional oil. Carefully place the skewers and lemon slice onto the grill and cook until slightly charred, about 3 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook 3 minutes more.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with the grilled lemon and reserved piri piri mixture.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-shrimp-skewers”]