Serves: 4 • Time: 30 minutes
Blackened corn is refreshed with the addition of bright scallions and fresh cilantro. It’s a perfect pairing to churrasco skewers and other barbecued meats.
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- Handful of ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Churrasco Salt, to taste (recipe here)
- Cilantro, for garnish
1. Light a grill. (If you don’t have a grill, heat a grill pan or griddle over gas burners, or use a broiler.)
2. Grill the corn over high heat until blackened, flipping once, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium-sized serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, jalapeño, and garlic. Using a large, sharp knife, slice the kernels off the corn and add to the serving bowl. Add the olive oil and Churrasco Salt, and toss to combine. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”yuca”]