Serves: 4 • Time: 30 minutes, plus 2 hours marinating
That spicy piri piri sauce from the Portugal Box makes an excellent marinade for all types of meat. This piri piri chicken recipe, called “Frango Piri Piri,” is a popular, fast-casual grilled dish, and it’ll leave your mouth burning—in a good way.
- ¼ cup Paladin piri piri hot sauce
- 2 serrano chilis, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olivais do Sul extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Hands on Earth sea salt with lemon
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken legs
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix together the piri piri sauce, chilies, garlic, olive oil, and sea salt. Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and mix the chicken legs inside to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Turn on the broiler to high. Remove the chicken from the bag and place on a broiler pan, skin side up. Broil for 5 minutes, flip, and broil 5 minutes more. Flip once more so the skin faces up again and broil until skin is blackened, 10–15 minutes.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve with additional piri piri sauce on the side.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-grilled-chicken”]