Serves: 6 • Time: 25 minutes
This refreshing fruit salad combines a zesty lime dressing with assorted tropical fruit, including the exotic dried jackfruit from the Thailand Box. It makes for a wonderful side or lighter main dish. Look for fish sauce in your local grocery store or in Asian specialty stores.
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. dried shrimp, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15–20 green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 large green papaya, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 6–8 pieces of Eros dried jackfruit, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Small handful of peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai chilis, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, dried shrimp, and garlic until well combined.
2. Bring a small pot of salted water to boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water until cool, then cut into 2 inch-long pieces.
3. Combine the beans with the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. To serve, add the lime juice mixture and carefully toss until evenly distributed.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-green-papaya-salad”]