Makes 24 cookies • Time: 30 mins, plus 1 hour chilling
This classic cookie recipe has a little surprise when you bite inside: a delicious, melted fudge center. In case you’ve run out of fudge from the Sweden Box, feel free to swap the filling with something else. Our favorites include jam, chocolate, peanut butter, or fruit paste.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- One 2.4 oz. package Nordic Fudge
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl or electric stand mixer, whisk the butter with the white and brown sugars on high speed for 4 minutes. Add the egg and whisk until incorporated, then add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and whisk on low until fully incorporated.
2. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl, shape into a large ball, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F and cut each piece of fudge in half.
4. Divide and shape the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Push a piece of fudge into the center of each ball, then roll the dough in your hands to cover the fudge with cookie dough. Arrange the dough balls onto a baking sheet and bake until golden, 13 minutes.
5. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”fudge-cookies”]