Get ready for a flavorful trip as this month’s Try the World Box gives you an inviting taste of Mexico and Asia. Get ready to experience authentic cuisines right at home!
Vera Mexicana Tingly Habanero Sauce
If your hot sauce doesn’t tingle, is it really hot sauce? No, no it’s not.
With fresh heat and tons of flavor, this lively hot green Tingly Habanero sauce bursts with taste and
color. Vera Mexicana highlights the high-quality ingredients and products found across Mexico, and they do it with a socially sustainable approach to food production.
Vera Mexicana is traditionally crafted in Oaxaca, Mexico, unlike the average Tex-Mex product that’s too often highly processed, very salty, and totally lacking in complex flavor. Born out of love for real Mexican food and a desire to break the stronghold that Tex-Mex products have on European shoppers, this hot sauce brings the authentic flavors of Mexico to you. It’s great for many dishes – a fresh and complex spiciness. Try pairing it with fried or scrambled eggs for breakfast, serving it with roasted or barbecued chicken for dinner, or adding it to your favorite lunch taco.
Tingly Chimichurri Recipe
Chimichurri is an oil-based condiment made with fresh herbs, spices, and a hint of acid. This bright green sauce is excellent as a condiment for grilled meats, tossed with grilled vegetables, or even as a marinade. The possibilities are endless!
- 5 minutes in total
Serves: 1-2 cups
- 25 g fresh parsley
- 25 g fresh ramson (substitute with 3-5 cloves of garlic)
- 175 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Vera Mexicana Tingly Habanero Sauce
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender or a food processor and blend until it’s nearly smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and Tingly Habanero Sauce to taste.
- Scrape into a container and refrigerate until serving.
OMSOM THAI LARB STARTER 3-PACK
Born in Laos, larb is a minced meat “salad” traditionally made with soft poached ground chicken or pork. The dish is a perfect balance of sweet, tart, salty, and a punch of spice.
Larb’s secret lies in the toasted rice powder mixed in at the end, giving the dish a subtle nutty aroma.
Omsom brings loud Asian flavors without cultural compromise. Plus, there are no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, and it’s gluten-free. No more diluted dishes; this starter pack is too delicious to deny.
THAI MUSHROOM LARB RECIPE
- Omsom Thai Larb Starter
- Omsom Toasted Rice Powder
- 10 oz. cremini or button mushrooms
- 10 oz. mixed mushrooms (oyster, portobello, or shiitake)
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and finely sliced lengthwise
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (~12 leaves) mint, coarsely chopped
Prep your mushrooms:
- Clean mushrooms by lightly removing dirt with a damp paper towel.
- Dice into ½ inch cubes.
Let’s get cooking:
- In a pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp. oil. Add mushrooms and let brown undisturbed, about 3 minutes.
- Toss mushrooms and continue to sauté until deep brown, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once mushrooms are deep brown, deglaze your pan by adding 2 tbsp. water and scraping the caramelization from the bottom of your pan. Turn off the stove and remove the pan from heat.
- Immediately add Omsom starter, cilantro, and scallions. Stir to wilt.
- Toss in Omsom toasted rice powder, mint, shallots, and mix to incorporate. Salt to taste.
- You’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!
Traditional: Serve with sticky rice or white rice, cabbage, and steamed green beans.
Mix it up: Serve with lettuce cups and sliced cucumbers.