This granola uniquely features Carménère wine jelly from the Chile Box. Carménère is a wine grape originally from Bordeaux. A plague during the 19th century destroyed nearly all of the Carménère vineyards in Europe, and in 1998 the grape was rediscovered growing in Chile! This granola recipe is an excellent choice for any time of day, as a nutrient-packed breakfast, a midday snack, or some fuel after a hike. Try it atop yogurt for a crunchy, healthy option. Also, free feel to mix-and-match with different nuts and seeds!
Serves: 6 | Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. Carménère wine jelly
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”extra-virgin-olive-oil-clasico” show=”button-only”]
- ¾ cup puffed quinoa
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine wine jelly, vanilla, maple syrup, and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes. Mix in wet ingredients until combined.
- Spread mix on a greased baking pan. Bake for 15 mins, stir, and bake for another 10. Allow to cool and break into pieces.