Serves: 4–6 • Time: 20 minutes
This codfish recipe, made with fresh cod and the codfish seasoning from the Portugal Box, is not only an impressive centerpiece to your dinner table, but also packed with flavor and easy to make. It’s a filling enough main to serve on its own, but could also work well with rice or boiled potatoes if more people are at the table.
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Olivais do Sul extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp. for drizzling
- ½ lb. codfish fillets
- 2 Tbsp. Hands on Earth codfish seasoning, fastened into a cheesecloth pouch
- 14 oz. chopped whole canned tomatoes
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- 4 oz. chorizo, diced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
1. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil.
2. Set the broiler to high. In a large skillet, add the codfish. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Add the tomatoes, kale, and chorizo and nestle the cheesecloth pouch inside within the mixture. Add the chicken stock and broil for 10 minutes.
3. Coat the bread crumb mixture over the codfish and broil 2 minutes more. Serve hot.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”magazine-broiled-and-crusted”]