A first-generation American born to Portuguese parents, Chef George Mendes grew up eating his mother’s salted cod and stews. Today, he’s known for his refined take on rustic Portuguese dishes that earned him a Michelin star in 2012. Chef Mendes is the chef-owner of Aldea and Lupolo, both in New York City, and the author of the cookbook My Portugal. Here, he opens the Portugal Box and show you the items inside!
Try The World
Culture Guide Art
Top Posts & Pages
- Mawlid al-Nabi, Explained
- Nordic Cooking: How Sweden Copes with Winter in the Kitchen
- 5 Ways to Use Quince Paste
- 15 Ways to Use Chestnut Cream
- Crema Catalana: Spanish Creme Brulee
- 5 Fun Things to Know About Your Italy Box
- Our Next Food Destination: Welcome to Italy!
- Our Next Food Destination: Welcome to India!
- 9 Ways to Use Paprika
- Maakouda Batata: Potato Pancakes with Moroccan Spices