A first-generation American born to Portuguese parents, Chef George Mendes grew up eating his mother’s salted cod and stews. Today, he’s known for his refined take on rustic Portuguese dishes that earned him a Michelin star in 2012. Chef Mendes is the chef-owner of Aldea and Lupolo, both in New York City, and the author of the cookbook My Portugal. Here, he opens the Portugal Box and show you the items inside!
Try The World
Culture Guide Art
Top Posts & Pages
- Behind the Box: Mindful Living with Chaidim
- Belgian Beef Carbonnade
- How to Play Truco, the Best Card Game from Brazil
- It’s Here! 7 Things to Love about the Special Edition Holiday Box
- Next Stop: Holiday Box 2016
- Fun Facts: Michelin Edition!
- Italian Truffle Dip
- 11 Incredible Easter Meals From Around the World
- 7 Uses for Coconut Flower Syrup
- 9 Ways to Use Paprika