Creamy and warm, this Camembert cheese recipe is a welcome start to any meal. Customize and mix-and-match different cheese, fruit, and nut combinations until you find your favorite. But don’t skimp on the sirop de Liège – it’s a thick, jam-like spread made from reduced apples and pear juices, and a popular kitchen staple throughout Belgium.
Baguette is a great choice for dipping, but other breads and crackers will work as well. Use anything you might have on hand, and pair with a Belgian beer for to make a fun appetizer board! We hope this dish transports you to a rustic, jovial dinner in Belgium.
Serves 4 Time 15 min
- 1 package of camembert cheese
- 1/2 cup blend of pecans, walnuts, and cashews; chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Belgian sirop de Liege, or jam [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”belgian-fruit-syrup-250g” show=”button-only”]
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Sliced baguette, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Place camembert in a medium, oven-safe dish and heat cheese in oven for 12 minutes.
3. Spread Sirop de Liege on top of warmed cheese and sprinkle nuts and raisins on top.
4. Serve warm with sliced baguette.
For an added touch, try using these!
[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”cornish-sea-salt-mixed-nuts50g” show=”all”]